In a complex heat exchanger network, at any point of time
- Can’t decide which exchanger(s) to clean to obtain maximum energy savings?
- Can’t determine the optimal time window to clean the candidate exchanger(s)?
TACIT® is a continuous monitoring solution to track fouling in heat exchanger network to effectively:
- Prioritize the cleaning of exchanger(s)
- Determine the optimal schedule of heat exchanger(s) cleaning
- Determine ROI based justification for selecting exchanger(s) for cleaning
- Reduce energy consumption in crude distillation furnace
A common presumption is that cleaning a more fouled exchanger will lead to more energy and cost savings; however, this is not always true. As seen from the below graph, the energy savings potential of a lesser fouled exchanger can be more as compared to a more fouled exchanger.
Thus, at any given point of time, TACIT® identifies which exchanger(s) to clean and when, based on an overall economic/benefit analysis.
Monitoring the performance of complex Heat Exchanger Network (HEN) to determine the optimal cleaning schedule to minimize energy consumption.
Implement TACIT® (Thorough Assessment of Coil Inlet Temperature), application assisted decision making to gain optimal control on your Heat Exchanger Network (HEN) performance.
- Improved energy efficiency by improving the heat recovery in the Preheat section to reduce the furnace fuel firing
- The reduced fuel consumption in furnace will also lead to reduced emissions
- For a 250 kbpsd refinery (~10 MMTPA), that could mean a savings of as much as $3.5 million or more annually, the consequent emission reduction from sustained maintenance of Coil Inlet Temperature represents a potential savings of 10,000 to 20,000 tonnes CO2/year